Hotels in Hungary
Hungary offers many diverse destinations: relatively low mountains in the north-west, the Great Plain in the east, lakes and rivers of all sorts (including Balaton - the largest lake in Central Europe), and many beautiful small villages and hidden gems of cities.
Hungary is one of the 15 most popular tourist destinations in the world, with a capital regarded as one of the most beautiful in the world.
Most of Budapest's famous sights are concentrated on Castle Hill on the Buda side, in downtown Pest and along the riverside walkways.
The main sights on Castle Hill are:
- The Royal Palace. The most popular attraction on the hill. Home to the:
National Gallery. Inside the Royal Palace wings B, C and D houses an astounding collection of paintings.
- The Fisherman's Bastion and lookout terrace. For impressive views across the Danube to Pest.
- Matthias Church. Dominant neogothic church crowning Budapest's cityscape - nowadays is under reconstruction.
Hungary has several World Heritage sites. These are:
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue
- Baroque town and castle of Eger.
- Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings
Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst
Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its Natural Environment
- Hortobágy National Park - the Puszta
- Early Christian Necropolis of Pécs (Sopianae)
- Fertő/Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape
- Other major tourist destination is Lake Balaton, with winehills, thermal spa in Hévíz around.
Holidays in Hungary, Luxury Holidays in Hungary, Budget Hotels in Hungary, Vacations in Hungary, Cheap Hotels in Hungary, Hungary City Breaks, Hungary Holiday Hotels, Hungary Hotels, 3 Star Hotels in Hungary, 4 Star Hotels Hungary, 5 Star Hotels in Hungary